Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'M GONNA TRY HARDER

That's really what new year's resolutions are all about. They are based on the idea that . . if I just try hard enough, I can do it. It's all about me and my abilities. "I can be anything I want to be . . if I just work hard enough."

God made me and created me in a certain way. I never was able to force myself to grow to the heighth of 6'8". I tried, but I just couldn't make it. I took my vitamins; I ate my veggies; and I got my exercise. But here I am at 6' tall. That's it. No more or no less. I have some friends who never made the 6' status, but they are really big people.

Most of the things that I write on my blog say the same thing. I really don't have a new story or a new philosophy. I guess I'm just hung in the past.

The same old thing is this. If you want to be really big, quit making resolutions. God has already given you a plan. Follow that plan. Then 2009 will be a year that will honor the Lord. It will be a good year; no, it will be a great year.

No comments: