Saturday, May 9, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY 2009




I first fell in love with my sweetheart, the future mother of our three children, when she was a beautiful 16 year old teenager. God gave her to me when I was so very young and immature. Like most teenage boys, I was more driven by my harmones than I was by any common sense. But God had a way of preparing both of us for our 47 1/2 years of marriage.


Ruth Lynn has been a fantastic mother to our family. She has become the steady Christian influence to the family over the years. Her love of her family has only been surpassed by her love for her Lord. Her daily attitude has been to place her complete confidence and trust in God.


She's followed me to a lots of places, not because she always wanted to make the journey. She's followed because she wanted to be in the center of God's will. It was a trip that we wanted to make together. Wow, it has been fun.


Whenever her children speak of their mother, they all speak of her faithfulness. That is a wonderful testimony.


Happy Mothers Day to the best mother I've ever known - to my sweetheart - to my beautiful bride - to beautiful Ruth Lynn. I love you more than ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better! I love you, Mom. Have a wonderful mother's day.

L4Y!
Shari