Saturday, January 2, 2010

BEGINNING OR END

My Son-in-Law, Bryan McAnally, is very definite in saying that the year 2010 is the "end" of the decade . . not the beginning of a new one. He does have a point, even though this is the first time we'll use two decimals instead of one. I remember the discussions and arguments back when 2000 came, and many wanted to wait another year to celebrate a new millenium. We didn't wait. We celebrated, even withouth Y2K calamities, and the new decade began even though celebrated a year early. Now all of the magazines and TV programs are looking back and analyzing the decade. Some are even trying to give it an identifying name.

My wife, RL, is very definite in saying that we are now in the year "Twenty Ten". A lot of people are saying "Two thousand Ten", and I noticed one of those television surveys this week. "What are you going to call the new year?" was the question queried to us by the television announcer. I guess he will announce the winner in the future, and we'll be notified of what to call this and future years. I'm waiting with great anticipation. I need help from these TV personalities.

I'm very definite in saying that a good end starts with a good beginning. So, instead of making any nonsensical resolutions, I think I'll just begin this year with Jesus. It's worked in every decade of the past. I believe He will continue to work in my life from the start to the last.

No comments: