Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FLAT MITCHELL



We've played along with several of our grandchildren when they've sent a Flat Stanley to us for a visit. It's always been fun to take pictures of Flat Stanley in various places and poses. Written by Jeff Brown in 1964, this famous story has been the joy of many parents and grandparents.

I had extra special fun recently when I took Flat Mitchell of Michell Hedstrom fame on a trip to Ecuador. We traveled with seven others on a mission trip to Cumbaya, Ecuador. I hope to get most of the pictures on my Facebook soon. You'll enjoy the many scenes of his visit to South America.

We had to smuggle him into Ecuador since he didn't have a Visa. All of my Baptist friends were very happy to break laws so he could go with us. I'm glad he didn't get detained because he needs to get back to Columbus Elementary School. The rain, celebration of carnival, travel in a notebook, and eating all kinds of Ecuadorian food were very distressful to him, but he survived. I hope the original Mitchell recognizes him when he gets home.

Thanks Flat Mitchell . . we had a great time.

1 comment:

Shari said...

What an awesome trip for everyone...we can't wait to hear all about it.