Sunday, February 7, 2010

HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1957

RL and I had lunch today, as we do every three months, with 27 people, most of them who graduated with me in 1957 from Weatherford High School. It is always fun to sit and discuss some of our memories from high school and junior high and elementary school. Some of our memories are the same; many are different.

There is one significant change to our conversations. Most of these 70+ year olds speak a lot about the shortness of life, the coming of death, and the fact that all of us have an eternity in front of us.

It's a more comfortable conversation now than when we were 18 years of age. I thank God that I've had the opportunity to say good things about Him over the years. I'm also thankful for the eternity with Him that is ahead.

No comments: