Monday, November 24, 2008

I WISH I HAD

It happens to almost everyone. As we get older, we think back to the things we wish we had done. The wish list is often connected with our family. We wish we had . . spent more time with the children . . lived a more Godly life . . read our Bible more . . expressed our love to our wife . . and on and on. You know the list. You've probably written it in your heart just as I have. "I just wish I had . . . . . . "


Over the past few years I've shared one simple "I wish I had" with some younger adults. This one is so simple that anyone can do it. It doesn't take a great deal of skill, and it takes such a small amount of time. Everyone has the potential of doing it. It doesn't take any great education or brain power. You just make up your mind . . and you do it.

For my children and grandchildren, I encourage you to do it.


To do what?


I encourage you to keep a journal. Take the time every day to write down some of the activities and insights of your life. It can be very simple or very involved. It can be done with a pencil or pen or computer or as a Blog . . or probably some other technical ways that I don't even know. It will be a wonderful tool in your future life as you look back at the activity of God in your life. It will help as you mature and grow and see yourself more clearly.

It would be fun to read something from my past . . to connect it with pictures of my grandmother . . or with some other event.


This is especially for my grandchildren. Start today! As you read your Bible . . and as you listen to God's directions . . write it down.






No comments: