Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING

One of the things we learn as young Christians is this . . "in all things give thanks". I don't want to say that I always do it (give thanks). I know I should. I realize it is God's plan. I know it in my head, but my heart often moves away from thanks to complaining and discouragement.

I was in a Sunday School class recently when there were several announcements about people who were sick. There wasn't much "thanks" expressed in the group; there was mainly concern for the welfare of the individuals. When it was announced that one's illness had turned towards health, there was a literal gasp and praise the Lord. It is so difficult to praise the Lord when people are sick and dying, but that's what the Bible means when it says . . "to give thanks in all things." Of course, it's difficult to do. But that is what sets us apart from the lost world. We as Christians have a great hope.

It's easy to be thankful at Thanksgiving. That's the American way. Our job as Christians is to be thankful in the difficult times.


I want to be thankful in the deepest, darkest times of my life.

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise."

Check out this article by Paul Brewster. It says it all.

http://bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=29411

No comments: