Tuesday, September 23, 2008

THE CLASS OF 58












I graduated from high school in 1957, and RL graduated in 1958, and we're now living back in our home town. She has close relationships with some of her classmates from that period, and they get togther often for eating out, etc. We were with about 30 of them recently; I was really surprised how old some of them looked. I just don't understand why they have aged so much. Oh well, I'll just keep on NOT looking in the mirror.

Here's a good one from a lady:

I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name.
Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. Hmmm—or could he??
After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Central High School.
“Yes. Yes, I did.” he gleamed with pride.
“When did you graduate?” I asked.
He answered, “In 1958. Why do you ask?”
“You were in my class!” I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely.
And then, that miserable, near-sighted, ugly, old, wrinkled rascal asked, “WHAT DID YOU TEACH?”

RL's 50th Anniversary Homecoming is October 16-18, 2008 at Weatherford High School.
That's Barbara Moore Owens with RL . . an old friend. She played the organ at our wedding. I enjoy getting together with some of the old gang; we retell the same stories and talk about the same ailments. The older we get the more we look back.








No comments: