Saturday, September 6, 2008

MY MOTHER IN LAW

We were talking with friends just last week when RL reminded them that her mother had died just about a year ago. As with most things in life, their reply was, "Where has this time gone?" It's hard to realize that Grandmother had left us a year ago. Life had been moving so fast that we really failed to realize the passing of time.





Grandmother was a sweet dear lady who lived to the wonderful age of 94. Grandad had died several years before, and she had lived alone in a assisted living center. She didn't really like it, but she understand the necessities of life. By the way, I visit a lot of assisted living homes and nursing homes, and I've yet to meet anyone who is thrilled to be there. I want to remind you and I want to remind myself that God's plan includes old ages. He created life; he created every phase of life; he understands old age. I don't, but he does.



So on this September 12, 2008, exactly one year after her passing, I want to say how much I love and appreciate the life of Ruth Barker. She was a loving, caring mother in law who supported me over many years of marriage.



I miss her, but I understand she was and is a part of God's plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sweet words...we all miss her!