Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ARE YOU SCARED?

The following is a direct quote from a CNN poll . . from this week's news.


THE POLL
Seventy-five percent of those surveyed in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Tuesday said things are going badly in the United States.
An equal portion of those polled said they are angry about the way things are going. Two-thirds of those questioned said they're scared about the way things are going and three in four said the current conditions in the country are stressing them out.
"It's scary how many Americans admit they are scared," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director. Prior to 2008, we have seen that level of dissatisfaction only three times in the past four decades -- during Watergate, the Iranian hostage crisis and the recession of 1992," Holland added.


MY RESPONSE

I decided "a long time ago" to place my faith and trust in God. After a lifetime of doing just that (i.e. placing my faith in God), I have found out that it works. There's a lot of scriptural support, but a good one is in 1 Peter 5:7 . . "casting all your cares on Him . . for He cares for you."

I serve a God that cares for me. He loves me. He gives me life.

There's certainly a lot in the world to be scared about. Those who live without faith and who trust only in themselves have a lot to be scared about. I pray today that I can keep my eyes on the God of my salvation.

No comments: