Monday, October 6, 2008

FIFTY YEARS IN MINISTRY

September, 2008 completes 50 years for me in the ministry. I really hadn't thought much about it, but RL had talked and shared that information with several people. So I've been receiving cards and email and calls . . all congratulating me for this anniversary. It's really been fun for me to thank the Lord for the opportunity to work with all of those folks.

In some ways this is the reason I began to write this blog. I wanted to share some stories, some people, and the great joy that it has been to work with the church of Jesus Christ. I wouldn't change my 50 years for anything else on this earth.

I wanted to list the churches that have touched my life. Each church was made up of people who loved the Lord, who had great patience with me, and who helped me to grow. Most of them will never understand the wonderful part they played in my life. I'm hoping that heaven will give me the opportunity to express much thanks to them. But for now, thank you . . .

First Baptist Church . . Howe, Texas . . Calvary Baptist Church . . Denison, Texas . . Calvary Baptist Church . . McAllen, Texas . . Second Baptist Church . . Baytown, Texas . . Bellevue Baptist Church . . Hurst, Texas . . Calvary Baptist Church . . Craig, Colorado . . Colorado Baptist General Convention . . Centennial, Colorado

I love you in the love of the Lord.

No comments: